Thursday, April 19, 2012

Bye bye UK

I got back from the UK a week ago but have been swamped with work to have the time to write about my last few days in London.


Me in front of Canada gate near Buckingham palace
I had a wonderful time and was so lucky to have stayed with Hakan and his family. His mom is the most wonderful woman and made sure I was fed properly and felt at home.

Me in front of Buckingham palace
I tried to squeeze all the sights into the two days.  Using the "tube"/underground train, it is incredibly easy to get around anywhere.  I saw Buckingham palace, the parliament buildings, Big Ben, the London Museum, the London Eye, Saint Pauls cathedral, the London Tower, the London Tower Bridge, the London Bridge, Butlers warf, Sommerset house, the British Museum, Notting Hill area for some vintage shipping etc.

Big Ben
Hakan took me out for a drink and we ended up sneaking to the top floor of the pub which was empty, to watch the sunset over downtown London, so nice!  On our way back to his place we took the train instead of the underground but we ended up on the wrong train and instead ended up at the airport!
Me on the London Gate bridge

My last morning I took a bus to get to a tram to get to a train to get to the airport where I got on a plane to get to another airport to take a bus to get to a plane to get to Harstad where I took a last bus and then walked home.  It was quite the journey but the plane had wifi which was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment