Saturday, May 26, 2012

Sogndal


I am spending my last three days in Norway, on a farm near Sogndal, Sogn og Fjordane.  After a lovely 5-hour ferry ride from Bergen, I was picked up by my friend, Jan who is working on this farm.  He and I met and spent a few weeks together in New Zealand in 2010. 
On the ferry
The surrounding area is phenomenal and the farm itself is lovely.  I am staying with a girl from Whales who has written her Masters thesis on Arctic climate change adaptation so we will have had lots to talk about.  For dinner that first night, we headed to the main house for a lovely dinner hosted by the farmer and his lovely wife.  They had guests from Oslo visiting so I met lots of interesting Norwegians including some lawyers, professor and a childrens doctor.  After dinner we had coffee and a Norwegian specialty cake (kransekake), which was perfect because it was the only food left on my list of Norsk food to try while Im here.

No comments:

Post a Comment